How to Keep Poker Records
If you’re serious about tracking your poker results you can use a specially designed notebook to keep a track of them. Here’s how.
There are two broads approaches to keeping a poker notebook. The first is to simply record the date, time, and entry time you set, anything that’s easily seen and can be reviewed. You can also add a time stamp for each page, preferably in the margin or at the end of each page.
The second method is more James Bond-like: he always has a pen and he starts writing as soon as he receives his cards. He then takes them to his wife who ink him reports. The reason they wear makeup is to hide their emotions. (In real life, security MIA).
Or you can do like Phil Ivey, take all your existing data,istics, and places to create infrastructures to monitor, manage, archive, reference, reference, and archive. You will have in the notebook at least:
- current wagers from your bankroll
- current table entries for at least the last 30 days if possible
- current BB (big blind)
- current stats on your opponents
- current hands you would win against your opponents if you were heads-up
- your projected win-rate based on those threeflyer items theoretically you could also enter hand histories of your opponents but that’s too much work and is not really necessary anyway.
You will also want at least:
- accurate reported pot odds
- details on your opponents bet sizes
- completed analysis of all hands played
- updated Beatbook and PokerHandbook online pages
- Most important – your own cards. I am sure you’re familiar with the popular two card poker games: “Seven Card Stud” and “Texas Hold ‘Em”. If you’re not familiar with either of them and you want to start playing poker for money, the books recommend starting with Hold Em in the low limit games ($2-$4) until you learn the ropes or get better cards.
Once all that is done you can get started by using an online Bola88 web site. web sites offer you great bonuses for your time and you can practice with play money until you are ready to risk some real money. You can of course play in the free mode but it is much more convenient to play in the play money games and then once you are comfortable the real money action comes extremely easy.
In case you’re not so familiar with poker judgments and decision making, the play money games are especially important. Especially when you are practicing, the poor play money players can teach you much. You cannot learn in free mode because mistakes are far more costly. The best way to get use to the game and to make the money is to play in the real money games with the pros.
After you’ve completed the learning process in the play money games, if you feel ready, you can play in the real money games at any online poker room. You must keep in mind that you are playing not just for play money, but also to win some real money. The pros are there so you must be careful in making your decisions and play aggressively.